An equinox howdy from high above the Rocky Mountains!
Time for another action-packed winding road with places to play and dear souls to see and visit. In short, time for a QTN autumn tour. This is late getting out, so I'm going to be brief.
Having said that, I want to let you all know that Guitarred and Feathered, the wordless guitar record I have been making is finally finished and already at the manufacturer. That means I'm gonna be a poppa of sorts again and the possibility exists that it will be traveling with me at least in the mid/late part of this tour. More news about Guitarred and Feathered will be in the newsletter which ought be heading to yer emailbox any day now. If you would like me to send you a real objet d'art souvenir postcard about the new album (with refrigerator-quality art), send me a postal address here and I will wing you one immediately.
Here is the most recent schedule of my month:.
• THIS SUNDAY OCT. 4 There are two QTN shows in the north suburbs:
SUNDAY OCT. 4 • 1...GROVEFEST, GLENVIEW, IL... 1:30 pm on the Stage and 3:30 pm in the Courtyard. I perform two sets here– one on the Mainstage and one in the Kennicott Courtyard without a PA. I've been a part of Grovefest and have played there for many years now. It is usually a golden autumn day, the people are great, the light is superb, there is food and cider and everyone is welcome. Bring the kids and parents by all means.
The Grove National Historic Landmark, 1421 Milwaukee Ave., Glenview, IL. 60025, 847.299.6096
and then that same day:
SUNDAY OCT. 4 • 2...LAKE COUNTY FOLK CLUB, MUNDELEIN, IL –7 pm.–Limited to 80 seats so reservations are recommended. Call 847.271.1584. This'll be two QTN sets at a great place, a fun gig and my second time there. Probably be special guests appearing spontenaciously too! Mexican food is availble for order at the restaurant too so bring an appetite.
Concert at El Barrio Restaurant and Lounge, 1122 Diamond Lake Road, Mundelein, IL 60060
• WEDNESDAY OCT. 14–FOUNDRY HALL, SOUTH HAVEN MI – 7 pm –This is a theatre space in a little community, the folks are great to work with and care about presenting music. Tickets at the door are $5 and all ages are most welcome.
422 Eagle St, South Haven, MI www.foundryhall.com, 269.767.5453.
•FRIDAY OCT 16 – LIVE! FROM THE LIVING ROOM, PONTIAC, MI Friday, October 16 – 7:30 pm–It's been a couple of years since I have been here, done that-- a concert close to Detroit. Last time I played here, Paul McCartney was playing less than a mile away. We had a good house anyway. Two whole sets for $5 at the door.
Live! From the Living Room Acoustic Showcase, 7 N. Saginaw St.
Oakland Arts Building (next to the Blue Note Cafe)
Pontiac, MI, 48342 Contact 248.860.2307 for info.
• SATURDAY OCT. 17– SATYA YOGA CENTER, SAUGATUCK, MI–8 pm – A gorgeous bright Yoga Studio is the perfect place for a QTN concert. This is an all ages place with a big open space to sing in and Michele and her family are thoughtful hosts, welcoming us all to enjoy a Harvest Concert here. $8 suggested donation and no one turned away for lack of dough re mi.
Satya Yoga Center, 3385 Blue Star Highway Saugatuck, MI 49453269.857.7289
• SUNDAY OCT.18 – QTN-STRUMENTALS AT SALT OF THE EARTH, FENNVILLE, MI – 7 pm - 9 pm. This will be an evening of Wordless Guitar Music as QTN plays for the dinner crowd at the recently opened Salt of the Earth Café on the main street of downtown Fennville, a new incarnation in the same space as The Journeyman Café. I have played here before and I haven't yet but i will. Go figure. Good food, good folks, no cover, but donations are accepted. Bring yer hearty appetite.
Salt of the Earth Café, 112 E Main, Fennville, MI 49408 269.561.7258 www.www.saltoftheearthfennville.com
• SATURDAY NOV. 7 – ROCK ISLAND PARISH HOUSE, ROCK ISLAND, IL – 7 pm with an opening set from the one and only Chris Dunn. This is such a great place for an acoustic house concert type show in a classy old huge study and a potluck meal before. Plus I get to hear Chris Dunn sing and play again! $5 - $12 suggested donation. No one turned away for lack of fundages.
First Lutheran Rock Island Parrish House, 1600 20th St., Rock Island, IL 61201 309.788.9661