(Equinox moon © Kimm Still)
Suddenly I find myself in Chicago again before the trees change this year and looking at a burgeoning calendar. This is a quick send with be more coming soon as there surely will be updates and additions.
If you’d like to host a house concert with me, drop a line and we’ll figure out what a good date is. It’s easy and simple to host one and your friends and family will love having live music without a club scene attached.
Hope to see you all soon and may your harvest be abundant.
***BRIAN CUTEAN'S AUTUMN MIDWEST ADVENTURE***
• SUNDAY OCT 3 – GROVEFEST I play at 1:30 pm on the stage and later on at 2:45 pm in the Kennicott Courtyard without a PA. Both are fun sets and it looks like a sunny cool day coming up. I think I have played this fest for about 15 years. Music outdoors and food, gorgeous autumn day and nice folks!
The Grove National Historic Landmark is at 1421 Milwaukee Ave. Glenview, IL 60025 for Google map and their phone is 847.299.6096
• THURS- SUN OCT 7, 8, 9 The FARM conference (Folk Alliance Regional Midwest) singing some, listening some and visiting with musical friends. See the website www.farmfolk.org/gathering.html and volunteer if you want. This is a great annual gathering for pickers, presenters and all kinds of folk.
• SATURDAY OCT 16 – SATYA YOGA STUDIO 7:30 pm. Saugatuck, Michigan My annual Michigan concerts are fewer than usual this year but always more than before. Satya is a gorgeous place and worth the drive for the area’s autumnal tree show and the local farmer harvest goodies out of the city suburb stream. All ages are welcome and the cover is sliding scale $8 - $10. The center is at 3385 Blue Star Hwy, Saugatuck, MI 49453 and can be reached by phone at 269.857.7289. satyayogacenter.net
• SUNDAY OCT 17 – SPECIAL AFTERNOON CONCERT AT FOUNDRY HALL, 3 pm, SouthHaven, Michigan – This is a gorgeous old theatre and concert space. They sometimes do afternoon shows and I love playing here. All ages are welcome and a sliding scale cover. www.foundryhall.com
• SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7, HOUSE CONCERT, 3 pm, Oak Park, IL (Doors open at 2:30) – Opening for Mad Agnes with Margo Hennebach, Adrienne Jones and Mark Saunders ! This east coast trio will move and delight you and after many many wonderful years, it is their farewell tour so if you don’t see them this time, you won’t. Don’t let that happen! For info, directions and reservations, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.848.2205.
Questions? Answers? Rags? Bones? Bottles?