03 May, 2012

QTN rides! Texas Withdraw'l Tour 2012 UPDATE




Post Kerr howdies to you all!
Another amazing folkfest come and gone. Lotsa long nights and amazing songs. Now just returned from Quiet Valley which was anything but and there are plenty of tales and tunes to share. These are my last three Austin area gigs before I head back to Oregon and all of em will be fun.

Watch this new video just in from David Morrison, a live recording of me singing "The Secret Cow" at the Crow's Nest last week with a strange and wonderful Kerr-video montage by David. Check out his odd and wonderful blog here. 
 
Air conditioning is a good way to get out of the humidity for a spell and live music is an extra added balonus. See you there!


•• WEDS. JUNE 13, FLIPNOTICS, 1601 Barton Springs Rd. AUSTIN – 8 pm••
with Amy Annelle and Ike Eichenberg
For the second year in a row, in the round and separate sets too!

•• FRI. JUNE 15, LIVE ON KDRP••
QTN is guest on Bill Paige's FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL Between 9 and 10 am. 

Listen in from the Hill Country via radio or from anywhere online at www.KDRP.org.

•• SUN. JUNE 17, THRICE CAFÉ, 909 W. Mary – AUSTIN – 7 - 9 pm ••
This year’s Father’s Day concert is in tribute to my friend and bassist, 
Robert Vignaud (1951 - 2012) with special guests too.

•• MON. JUNE 18, WHIP IN, 1950 IH35 South – AUSTIN – 8 pm ••
With special guest David Morrison. We met many years ago when I hosted open mics in Austin. Haven't heard him for years and rediscovered his cool tunes at Kerrville.Come up Mariposa St. for best drive entrance.
                                                        512.442.5337







Hello folks and especially to you of the Southwest and Third Coast where I'm headed! Updates to the calendar are listed below.

This one has three sections:

A. MUSINGS ON THIS AUSTIN TRIP
B. BRIAN CUTEAN CONCERT DATES
C. NEW QTN-RELATED LINKS TO BANDCAMP, A LIVE INTERVIEW AND A  

      RHAPSODY CHANNEL


A. MUSINGS ON THIS AUSTIN TRIP

Another letter from 30,000 feet above the glittering sphere we move about on. Each year when I return to Texas, it is amazing to me it has already been a year. These last 47 weeks between visits have gushed like sparkleflow and so much everywhere is continually different and growing. It is a big lesson time of more less and less more, something we will all surely have to get used to.

Of course, instead of it being an ending like smoke signals seem to point to, to me it feels like something else is beginning; a new discernment perhaps, a new appreciation for which tools fit our hands, a new purposeful opening, an embracing of what is and renegotiating those defaults and learned behaviours.

As the man whose cardboard sandwich board sign on the poster below says: "The beginning is near!"

Time again for QTN concerts, jamming, projects, meals, walks and camping at another fabulous Kerrville Folk Festival. There are many opportunities for playing new tunes and tales and I'm looking forward to seeing many along the way. Matter of fact, I've been waiting on peedles and nins!

B. BRIAN CUTEAN CONCERT DATES

The concert schedule as of now is below and in these unpredictable times, it's good to check in for updates. The news page on my website is updated to stay current and I'll do my best to update the QTN Facebook page when I can.  For the record, the brian QTN FB page can't collect "friends" or messaging through FB but anyone can post howdies, pics and vids to the "wall" [I've always figured I'm kinda off the wall...]


BRIAN CUTEAN'S TEXAS WITHDRAW'L 2012


•• FRI. MAY 4, GREEN MAN COFFEEHOUSE, AUSTIN ••
Two sets of QTN tunes beginning at 6:30 pm
in the lovely Backyard Theatre of Lina and Zow.
The link to info, address and directions is HERE.
Bring your favorite friends and a drink or snack to share.

•• TUES. MAY 8, ELEPHANT ROOM, AUSTIN,  6 pm ••
301 Congress Ave.
    A Benefit for Dave Schiedel, legendary Austin songwriter and picker extrordinaire! The evening will feature sets from myself, Ike Eichenberg, Stanley Smith, George Ensle and other amazing songwriter musicians.

••THURS. MAY 10, QTN WORDLESS GUITAR, THRICE CAFÉ, AUSTIN ••
909 W. Mary     7 - 9 pm
    I get to perform solo guitar music at this fine South Austin music space.
No singing songs (that's next Thursday at the same location) and all ages are welcome!

•• TUES. MAY 15, HOUSE CONCERT,  SAN MARCOS, 7 pm ••
    A great songwriter lineup with myself, Jesse Dalton and Wilson Marks. Potluck at 6 pm.
Music begins at 7 pm at The Compound in San Marcos.
Please bring a camping chair if you so desire. $5- $20 sliding scale.
RSVP for directions to amysueberlin@yahoo.com . 
Details are on the FB invite HERE .
Not into FB? Email me or Amy for info.

•• WEDS. MAY 16, LIVE ON "THE SINGER AND THE SONG" ••
Rush Evans' web-radio show through KOOP FM 
7 pm. Listen in by clicking HERE.

•• THURS. MAY 17, THRICE CAFÉ, 909 W. Mary, AUSTIN – 7 - 9 pm ••
A pre-Kerrville, two QTN singing sets evening with special guests and mayhem. All ages welcome.


ººº KERRVILLE FOLK FEST MAY 19 – JUNE 10 ººº
I'll be there for the duration. Let's do some picking and singing!

•• WEDS. JUNE 13, FLIPNOTICS, 1601 Barton Springs Rd. AUSTIN – 8 pm••
with Amy Annelle and Ike Eichenberg
For the second year in a row, in the round and separate sets too!

•• SUN. JUNE 17, THRICE CAFÉ, 909 W. Mary – AUSTIN – 7 - 9 pm ••
This year’s Father’s Day concert is in tribute to my friend and bassist, 
Robert Vignaud (1951 - 2012) with special guests.

•• MON. JUNE 18, WHIP IN, 1950 IH35 South – AUSTIN – 8 pm ••
My first time here. Come up Mariposa St. for best drive entrance.
512.442.5337

The latest updates can be found here on this here QTNews page so bookmark it and come back and visit anytime. Subscribe and feel free to comment too!

See you spontenaciously soon!

C. NEW QTN-RELATED LINKS TO BANDCAMP

Here are a couple of fun QTN related links. First, I recently posted my latest disc Guitarred and Feathered on Bandcamp. Especially with this disc, I wanted high res downloads to be available for those who are of discerning audio tastes. The low res mp3s on iTunes and CDbaby just don't do it for my own ears so go HERE and download the entire disc in high res mp3 320 or FLAC files via paypal. You can also hear the album in its entirety as often as you'd like.

Of course, it's better for me if you order the physical disc through my website and you can always rip your own WAV files from a physical CD but Bandcamp is a good option for legal high res digital files. Let me know what you think about this as I may eventually post my other discs here too.

HERE is a live interview on KLCC for my 5th annual Wordless Solstice at the end of last year. It may take a moment to load but it's big fun to listen to. Of course, talking about wordlessness is like laughing at potato salad... Lastly, for Rhapsody fans, you can stream QTN tunes wherever you may be, via smart phone or computer HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lookin' forward to it! I'm also bringing my sister out to Flipnotics tomorrow.