07 June, 2021

Looking Ahead to December


Adrianne Lenker back on the road

Howdy all!

Just received big fun news this week about December of all things. Got a call from Adrianne Lenker of Big Thief who is doing an extensive fall tour in support of her new double album of acoustic guitar songs and she asked if I would be able to open for her for three shows December 3, 4 and 5 in Seattle, Portland and Eugene. We’ve been friends for about 10 years now and I’m a big fan of her guitar talent and songwriting and so of course I said yes. 


Why am I telling you about this now?


In the 10 years I’ve known Adrianne, she’s been nominated for a Grammy twice and her band and solo shows have a habit of selling out very quickly all over the world. If you look at her fall tour schedule now, many of her shows have already sold out, so this is a head’s up. If you want to go, you have to think ahead. 


The shows I will be opening for were announced in the big media today and tickets will go on sale this Friday at 10 am PST. I know the show is quite a ways out and the dice are always rolling and nobody knows who or what we’ll be up to then, but one friend who loves both of our songwriting told me “You have to tell everyone so they can have a chance to get tickets!” and so I am.


Tickets here: adriannelenker.com/tourdates.html


December seems like a long ways away especially since it was 95 degrees today…

Your corn forest pundit


bq 

No comments: